At First Communities, our employees are our most important asset. Each team member is a critical piece to the success of the company and our clients. This success hinges on education, preparation and support. FCM University (FCMU) is a comprehensive educational program that trains and helps employees advance throughout their career.
Training courses and learning opportunities include:
- Cultural Diversity and Sensitivities – FCM embraces all aspects of diversity including age, race, gender, ethnicity, income, culture, and religion. To that extent, we employ outside experts to train all of our employees in the evolving requirements and necessities of a global market.
- FCMU Online - This web-based program is an educational training tool allowing each employee 24 hour/7 days per week access to required and suggested classes. Topics range from introductory courses including Fair Housing, Leasing 101 and Customer Service to more advanced subjects such as Marketing, Mentorship, Advanced Leasing and Maintenance.
- FCMU Classes - Frequent in-person classes are held in our state-of-the art training facility to ensure employee fundamentals are mastered. These classes include software training (Yardi, Lead Management, Revenue Management) as well as basic classes such as Leasing, Marketing, Maintenance and Leadership. This classroom style training encourages active role-playing situations as well as in-depth question and answer sessions.
- FCMU One-on-One – As situational needs arise, FCMU provides comprehensive on-site training to address areas of opportunity and improvement. These are designed to be motivational and constructive to achieve the most positive long-term results.
- Industry Designations/Seminars - FCM is a proud partner of the National Apartment Association and Institute of Real Estate Management and their local chapters. We strongly encourage on-site and corporate personnel to continue their education and receive the highest designations in their respective fields (CPM, CAM, CAPS, NALP).
- Digital Training Library – Employees can access a library of recorded training sessions to supplement their educational needs. This resource is available anytime via the First Communities Intranet.
Contact us today to learn more about First Communities employment opportunities.